Wednesday 19 January 2011

Rankin - Inspiration:


The make-up on these models looks so effective and different, if I saw a magazine in a shop among hundreds of others with a photo as individual as these I would certainly pick it up. These images are part of Rankin's 'Special Projects' photography; these in particular show the beauty of faces. There is nothing particularly unusual about the faces in the images above, the make-up just makes them look striking and interesting. I will have a go at creating a characterisation as well as Rankin has through make-up on my model(s), this will help to make my magazine cover stand out from the others. The colours used in the first image blend well with the grey-scale and blue to stand out against it, I like this colour palette a lot and would create something similar if I chose to do a photo like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment