Saturday 22 January 2011

Ardent Love - Font

I used the website www.dafont.com to find the right font to use on my magazine to advertise the band name across my double page spread interview. The eight I have chosen each have provide a different vibe about the band. Some are more girly, hand written style and close together letters; when some are more spaced out and bold. One of these fonts will be used in my magazine but I will play around on Photoshop to find out which one works best with the genre of the band and style of magazine.
I like all the fonts for different reasons but the 1st and 5th are probably my favourite;
1st because it's different and the elongated letters create an interesting effect; 2nd because it's equally individual and the swirls surrounding the words gives it an edgy alternative style. Both of my favourite fonts are lower case, this appeals to me as not very many bands would want their name to appear inferior if it didn't have a capital letter at the start of each word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment