Thursday 20 January 2011

Creating a Band Name:

Intoxicate
Blaze
Ardent Love
Nobody's Perfect

Intoxicate: This word appeals to me as it means that a person could become intoxicated with the band; it would usually be associated with breathing too much of some form of air, or becoming intoxicated with alcohol. I think the name could be catchy and memorable for the audience of Indie fans, I don't know of any bands with a name similar to this so it's a new idea and could be successful.
Blaze: I like this idea of a word as a name because it reflects the idea of fire, and fire is linked to danger; this could be popular among an Indie-Alternative audience. I think people are unsure on what you can class as Indie-Alternative, and what becomes more Rock, or even Folk, this means there is uncertainty about the genre which links back to my Blaze-Fire-Danger connection.
Ardent Love: These two words came about when I tried to search for fire related words, the word Ardent means passionate, like a never-ending love. This could link to how if a person likes a band's song, they tend to keep up-to-date with their music or style and form a never-ending love for the band. However it's also not a commonly used word so it would stick in peoples minds.
Nobody's Perfect: I really like this as a band name, it doesn't pinpoint a genre that the band should be expected to be so it entails mystery. However I feel that as it's been used as a song name three times it could be too familiar and nothing fresh or new in the world of music, which could be a threat to the success of the "band".

No comments:

Post a Comment