Wednesday 19 January 2011

Cover Inspiration:

I have recently looked at some Dazed and Confused magazine covers, I like the style of magazine a lot and the colours used. This is one particular cover that I am interested in the layout of, I like the pink and blue contrasting colours with the white text surrounding the main images. Equally I am fascinated by the cloning affect the editor has created on this cover, I know for a fact it is possible to recreate this on Photoshop so I will have a go at it myself to compare it to this one. I also like the fact that the picture is just of a plain face, nothing fancy about it, but by using the cloning effect it brings another level of creativity to the image. The colour they have edited her eyes to be ties in with the blue used in the background; they have tried to make the background look as though there and pink and white clouds behind her however they have enhanced the colours so it is an unrealistic sky, which workds well against the bland colours of her hair and face. I am choosing to use white writing if I use a busy colourful background as well, I think it works really well with the brightness of the pink title.

No comments:

Post a Comment