Monday 7 February 2011

Market Research:

 
This is an example of a music magazine that is already on the market, NME is an extremely successive indie-alternative-rock magazine and is sold all across the UK. My magazine should hopefully be successful in the same way, a large population of the country are between the ages of 16 and 35, this is roughly the age range my magazine is aimed at. Indie-alternative music has recently escalated in popularity so the genre of my magazine is spot-on for current music interests.
My idea is different because the cover will always be simple with the same plain header so that the image catches the eye rather than the title; I think my design of the grey-scale base colours with two or three brighter colours to contrast this works exceptionally well.
As my magazine will focus mainly on up and coming bands this will also open up new ideas and inspirations to the public, whereas Billboard will feature particularly famous people. NME has a mix of both of these and I have taken a lot of inspiration from this magazine for my draft, I think the success of NME is something to look further at and work out why it's such a huge name now.
Similarly to Billboard, my magazine will have little writing down one side of the cover; I think this stands out well and outlines the image in the centre of the page. However Billboard is an American based magazine and has been produced for more than the last 100 years, they feature the top selling albums worldwide whereas my magazine will focus on new, fresh music.

No comments:

Post a Comment