Sunday 6 February 2011

Camera Angles/Shots:


Close-up: A close up image is when the frame of the photo is taken up almost entirely by the person/object/feature of the image; in this case it's a person's face. Close ups work well in magazines as it allows extra detail on images showing the reader more, for example if there is an article on a new up-coming celebrity they may well have a close up image to show the audience their face so they become memorable. I have used a close-up image on the contents and double page spread pages of my draft, this is because the band I am focusing on are new to the world of music and the audience of my magazine will recognise them in future if I add in close-up shots.



Mid-shot: As demonstrated in the two images above, a mid-shot is where the feature in the photo is visible from roughly the waist upwards; this is a common profile shot of someone - as used in the 'dirty glam' magazine shown above. The image above that is one that I have taken for my test shots, I played around with different shot lengths to see what would work best for my magazine genre and style, I like this type of image a lot particularly as I am featuring a band rather than a solo artist.




Long shot: I like long shots but I haven't taken any for my test shots as it wasn't suitable for how I wanted my pictures to be set up, the two magazine covers above work really well with long shots as it adds detail in a different way. A typical long-shot could be the whole body or from the legs upwards, they would both come under the category of long-shot. I particularly like the NYLON magazine cover as the image works well among the busy writing, the dark colours contrast with her skin tone in the photo which causes a great contrast for this long-shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment