Thursday 24 March 2011

6)

6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
-       Canon EOS 1000D SLR camera, I used this camera to produce my test shots and my final magazine photoshoot shots. By using this I could learn to use all the different settings on my camera and adapt to the lighting or surroundings. The ISO setting was the setting I learnt the most about as you have to alter the number according to the brightness of the sunlight; I also used the 'P' (portrait) setting to do individual photos and the 'AV' setting for group photos with background.
-       Sony Vaio laptop, this is the laptop I created my entire final magazine on; for my draft I used the school computers which had Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 compared to the version 4.0 that I have; using my own laptop with Photoshop allowed me to edit my work at home as well as in school.
-       SD memory card was the card I saved all my photos to, it has an 8GB memory which can store up to 1,000 high definition photos.


I have also used computer programmes such as Photoshop Elements 5.0 and 4.0, Blogger website, Scribd website and Slideshare to post information about my magazine and other posts on my blog.
I have learnt how to use Photoshop to a more skilled level in school as it's easily accessible on all Media computers; the process of cutting around objects in photographs has become easier as time went by for me, I knew how to use the lassoo tool before I started the AS Media course but I have developed this throughout the months of working with Photoshop in school.
I had never heard of Blogger before year 12, this took me time to explore all the tools of the website however as time has passed I know my way around it easily and can access other peoples blogs to make comments also.
Scribd and Slideshare are used to upload Microsoft Word and Powerpoint presentations so that they can be embedded into a blog post for people to view publically on my AS Media blog page. Scribd was hard to use at first as I had to rearrange some of my documents to allow them to be adjusted to Scribd's particular settings. However Slideshare was a lot quicker to learn from as it was simply choosing the Powerpoint presentation and pressing upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment